How To Make Calls
For all calls, just dial the area code plus thse seven-digit number.
To place a call, dial 011, plus the country code, then the telephone number. If you don’t know the country code or want an Operator to place the call for you, just dial 0.
If you'd like, an Operator will help you place certain types of calls:
- Person-to-person calls – The operator must reach a particular person to connect the call.
- Directory Assistance – To obtain a listed telephone number from directory assistance and complete the call by having the operator dial the number or via an automated process.
Telecommunication Relay Service (TRS)
TRS allows people who are deaf, hard of hearing, deaf-blind or speech disabled to communicate with anyone using a regular telephone 24 hours a day, every day of the year.
- TTY users can reach the TRS Center by simply dialing 7-1-1.
Please note: that 7-1-1 is only to be used to reach the TRS. For EMERGENCIES you should continue to use 9-1-1.
Armstrong is proud to offer 911 emergency dialing. When you dial 911, your call is routed from the Armstrong
Telephone network to the Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP) for your area. There are several important differences
between dialing Emergency Services with our service and traditional 911:
- 911 Dialing and Armstrong Telephone DO NOT function during a power, cable or broadband outage.
- Service outages due to suspension of your account as a result of billing issues will prevent ALL services, including 911 Dialing.
- Please refer to the Telephone Subscription Agreement for additional important information.