Windows 7 and Vista Verify or Release & Renew IP Address
If you are experiencing issues and you want to verify or release and renew your IP address in Windows 7 or Vista,
please review the following steps:
- Click the Start button at the bottom left of your PC screen
- In the search field enter CMD
- Press Enter
- Right click the Command Prompt and select Run As Administrator
On the black screen, right next to where the cursor is flashing, choose one of the following then
type the information as directed without spaces:
To view your IP address:
- Type ipconfig and press Enter.
- You will see the numbers and dots that represent your address.
To release your IP address:
- Type ipconfig/release and press Enter
To renew your IP address:
- Type ipconfig/renew and press Enter
- When finished, click the X in the upper right corner to close the black screen.
If you are still experiencing issues, contact us. We're here to help!