Fixing Poor Pod Connection Issues
If a SuperPod™ displays “Poor health” and you are noticing an impact, there are a few steps you can take to improve its health:
Move SuperPods closer to each other
- Remember that pods work as a team, so they want to be close enough to communicate with one another. Consider distances around 30'-40' for SuperPods, which can still vary largely depending on the building materials used in your home.
- Homes with dense walls need SuperPods closer together than those with lighter construction.
- Even moving a SuperPod™ to an opposite wall in the same room can sometimes help create a stronger and more reliable connection for that SuperPod™.
- Place the SuperPods on the inside walls of the home, to build a strong core network to improve performance.
Keep SuperPods in the open and away from metallic objects
- Avoid metal or other reflective objects in between your SuperPods.
- Avoid obstacles in the way of connecting SuperPods (such as kitchen and laundry appliances, metallic piping, metallic waste bins, or large mirrors).
- No huge furniture right in front of the SuperPod™.
Eliminate sources of interference
- Find sources of interference and eliminate them.
- Consumer electronics like baby monitors, cordless phones, video senders, microwaves, etc. will cause interference on the same channels used by your Wi-Fi.
- Ensure your old Wi-Fi is turned off.
- Move your SuperPods further away from sources of interference.
If you encounter any problems, please call our tech support team at 1.877.486.4666 and we'll be happy to assist you.