Plume® Motion uses SuperPods and the Wi-Fi connected devices in your home to detect motion. It’s a smart motion detection system that also informs you when family members or guests arrive or leave your home.
How does it work?
Plume® Motion detects the disturbances in Wi-Fi signals between your SuperPods or between a SuperPod™ and a motion capable device. These disturbances in the signal are translated into Motion events, which you can use to keep yourself aware of activity in your home.
What would I use Plume® Motion for?
- Receive notifications when your children get home from school or when a spouse leaves for/returns from work.
- Receive alerts if there’s unexpected motion in the home while you’re away (i.e. a break-in).
- Plume Motion also sets the stage for future innovation such as integration with smart home platforms. The possibilities for the future are endless!
- To enable Plume® Motion, tap the “Motion” option on the Home Screen of your Plume® app. Then turn “Motion Detection” on to start initializing.
- After initialization, the system will enter a passive state to learn the baseline of your home. It will detect motion between SuperPods, and begin enabling devices as sensors 10 minutes later.
Assigning a Primary Device:
Each member of the household can have a primary device assigned to their profile. This device will be used to determine when you are at home or away based on when the device connects or disconnects from the network.
- Tap the People icon at the bottom middle of the home screen and choose a person.
- Ensure the device is already assigned to that person.
- Tap on “Select Primary Device” and choose a device from the list.
- Under Motion Settings, you can enable “Smart Activation” to automatically arm or disarm the home when all people leave and return.
- Here you can also choose to disable devices to be used as motion sensors.
Plume Motion Features:
- Live View – Take a look inside your network to see where the motion is currently happening.
- Motion Alerts – Receive push notifications when motion takes place, based on when people are at home.
- Motion History – Look back 24 hours or 7 days to the history of motion in your home.
- Personalization – Plume® Motion settings can be customized to fit you, your family and your home, including motion sensitivity, pet mode, Motion Alert frequency, and where motion detection is tracked in your home.