Low or No Volume
If you are experiencing low or no volume, please review the following steps to resolve the issue:
- Check another set in your home for the issue
- On your TV (not the remote), try to turn the volume up and be sure the TV isn't muted
- Check, and if necessary, change the batteries in your remote
- Re-program your Armstrong remote to control your TV
- Using the TV's menu options, make sure that the audio is switched to "STD (Standard)" and NOT "SAP (Second Audio Programming)"
- If you have a surround sound system, make sure that it is ON and switched to the correct input setting for the TV or set-top box and the volume is turned up.
Check the On-Screen Guide settings
- On your remote, press CABLE then the MENU button twice.
Select the SETUP menu then choose AUDIO SETUP
- Audio Output: Advanced
- Compression: Heavy
- Stereo Output: Matrix
- If there is an option for Optimal Stereo, highlight Select to Optimize.
- Press EXIT
If none of these suggestions helped resolve the issue, contact us. We're here to help!