The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) recently rolled out a new long-term subsidy program to replace the temporary Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) program. Armstrong is a participant in the new Affordable Connectivity Program or ACP, which will continue to help households struggling to afford internet service. Eligible Armstrong customers will receive a $30 per month credit for Zoom internet and up to $75 per month for qualifying households on Tribal lands.
Households or individuals enrolled in the EBB program as of December 31, 2021 will continue to receive $50/month credit on their Armstrong bill until March 1, 2022 and will then begin receiving the ACP’s $30/month credit. If your household qualified for the EBB due to a substantial loss of income as a result of a job loss or furlough, you will need to re-apply to ACP to continue receiving the credit as of March 1, 2022.
The $14 billion Affordable Connectivity Program expands eligibility requirements for people to receive the credit. To be eligible, one member of the household must meet at least one of the criteria below:
● Has an income that is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines;
● Participates in certain assistance programs, such as SNAP, Medicaid, Federal Public Housing Assistance, SSI, WIC, or Lifeline;
● Participates in one of several Tribal specific programs, such as Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance, Tribal Head Start (only households meeting the relevant income qualifying standard) Tribal TANF, or Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations;
● Is approved to receive benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch program or the school breakfast program, including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision; or
● Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year
Find out if your household qualifies for the Affordable Connectivity Program and enroll here. Once you’ve confirmed eligibility, click Apply Now on ArmstrongOneWire.com and fill in the requested information. You will have to sign in to your Armstrong account.
If you’re eligible for the ACP credit, but not yet an Armstrong customer, you can shop for and order Zoom internet online or order by phone at 877-277-5711.
For more information, visit Armstrong’s ACP page.