As the Coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to impact our nation, scammers have seized the opportunity to prey on consumers.
Armstrong has seen a significant increase in phishing attempts during this crisis. Phishing is a fraudulent attempt to obtain your personal and financial information by disguising oneself as a trustworthy entity.
Here are a few tips to help keep your personal information safe:
- As a general rule, never send or reveal personal, confidential, or financial information if it is being requested in an unsolicited phone call, email, or any other form of communication.
- Be suspicious of communications intended to upset or excite you into taking immediate action.
- Don’t click on links from sources you don’t know or in messages that seem suspicious.
- Always ensure that your PC is protected by anti-virus software and is up to date with the latest version.
- When in doubt, look up the companies contact information from their website and contact them for confirmation.
What is Armstrong doing to help protect you?
Phishing Email Protection
Armstrong will never ask you for your personal or financial information by email. Also, all Armstrong email campaigns are conducted in house. We do not use third parties to send email to our customers.
If you happen to receive a suspicious email claiming to be from Armstrong, please forward it as an attachment to email@example.com. Armstrong's network engineers will review every submission and take appropriate steps to safeguard you, our customers.
In Webmail (ArmstrongMyWire.com) – create a new message to firstname.lastname@example.org, then click Attach and select Mail. Find and select the suspicious email then click attach. Then, send the email to us.
Robocalls and Spam Call Protection
Armstrong Telephone service’s Caller ID feature is designed to automatically scan incoming calls and block those that are confirmed to be fraudulent before your phone even rings. When a call is suspected to be fraudulent but not confirmed, it will still ring through, however, it will be labeled on the caller ID as “SPAM".
For even more protection, we are offering Privacy Defender FREE for 3 months to new subscribers! With Privacy Defender, incoming callers must press a number for their call to get through. Since robocallers can't press a key and telemarketers are required by law to hang up, Privacy Defender will eliminate telemarketing and robocalls for good. Click here to order Privacy Defender today!
Free Trend Micro
All Armstrong Zoom Internet customers are able to download Trend Micro – Maximum Security for FREE!
Protect your PC against viruses, block dangerous websites, guard against identity theft, and more! Click here to learn more and to download Trend Micro today!
For even more COVID-19 consumer warnings and safety tips, we recommend visiting the Federal Communications Commission website.