Activate Your Initial Device
Subscribers must first active the Alexa feature on both their EXP device and within the Alexa app.
Activate the Initital Device
- On the EXP device, open the Alexa app
- Note the activation code and the device friendly name
(Optional) Change the name of the device by selecting "Update TiVo Box Name" at the bottom of the screen
- After changing the name, click "use this name" to return to the previous page
On a personal mobile device, use the Amazon Alexa app to perform one of the following:
- Open "Music, Video, & Books", select "TiVo", and select "Enable"
- Search for the TiVo skill and click "Enable"
- Enter the activation code from step 2, and click "Submit"
- "Check the box" to agree to terms, and click "Agree"
- Follow the pairing screens in the Alexa app to link the appropriate Alexa device to the appropriate EXP device. This step is required even if this is only one EXP and/or Alexa device.
Additional TiVo devices can be paired with additional Amazon Alexa devices by pressing "Link Additional Device" in the Amazon app after the last step. This can also be done later through the Alexa app.
In the Alexa app:
- Select Music, Video & Books"
- Select "TiVo" under the Video Section
- Select "Manager and Link Devices"
- Select Link Another Device"